Billing Specialist/Project Accountant – (Hybrid) – Pleasanton, CA, US | Works
DAHLIN is an award-winning architecture, planning, and interior design firm with more than 180 multicultural professionals across the western United States. We offer over 45 years of experience building communities where we live and work, driven by a vision of creating places that promote human flourishing and well-being. That same Passion for Place® starts with our own work environment, a positive community where people thrive. Please visit our website (www.dahlingroup.com) to learn more
We are currently looking for a full time BILLING SPECIALIST/PROJECT ACCOUNTANT in our PLEASANTON, California Headquarter. Our accounting team is collaborative and fast-paced, serving a large group of people across four offices. Each member of our accounting team understands the importance of their role in maintaining a successful, growing and profitable business.
This position is fully responsible for the client’s monthly invoicing process to produce accurate and timely invoicing for projects, serving as the primary contact to address and resolve project invoicing issues, and ensure compliance with project standards and policy. customer and DAHLIN billing. The Billing Specialist must develop and maintain strong relationships with project administrators, managers, consultants and directors.
- Responsible for setting up project invoicing in Deltek Ajera (our project management and accounting software)
- Assist the project manager and the administrative team when changes are necessary to the configuration of the project
- Prepare monthly billing drafts, with all applicable billing backups (consultant bills, reimbursable expenses, client billing sheets) for distribution to project managers.
- Prepare and submit final electronic and paper invoices
- Request and process forms such as certificate of insurance requests, lien releases/waivers and other billing documentation requirements
- Create spreadsheets, billing reconciliation and summary to meet all client and project manager billing needs
- Investigate and resolve any unbilled WIP projects, billing discrepancies or issues, customer billing questions or refer them to project management as appropriate
- Maintain billing records for all projects, with all appropriate documentation, including expenses, consultant invoices and monthly invoices, in accordance with company procedures.
- Prepare and provide monthly customer statements
- Monitoring of unpaid customer invoices, documentation in Ajera of collection efforts
- Participate in monthly accounts receivable review/cash projection meeting Assist project management teams with invoicing questions, documents and customer requirements
- Record customer receipts in Ajera, scan payments for remote deposit entry and update cash flow projection spreadsheet
- Perform various other accounting and administrative tasks as needed
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND CAREER:
- Three or more years of project billing experience, preferably in the A/E industry.
- General knowledge of cost accounting for projects and work in progress
- Autonomous with strong organizational, problem-solving and collaboration skills
- Dedicated to excellence, precision, efficiency and attention to detail.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills to meet deadlines
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Preferred Deltek Ajera Software
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting, or equivalent experience + certificate(s) in finance/accounting.
We offer competitive compensation based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage. We also offer the ability to participate in a pre-tax flexible spending plan, employee stock ownership plan, and 401k.
Attach to your curriculum vitae a cover letter (PDF or Word/5MB max) that explains why you are our ideal candidate and why you want to work for our firm. Requests that do not follow these instructions may not be considered. Background checks are performed on all final applicants for this position in accordance with applicable federal and state laws, and may include obtaining a consumer credit report from a consumer reporting agency.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online at www.dahlingroup.com/careers. Including a link to an online portfolio is a huge plus! Real people review each application, so we regret that due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to accept phone calls regarding the status of applications. We will be sure to contact you if we need more information. Apply now!
DAHLIN is committed to welcoming and supporting a diverse community of professionals. As such, women and people of color are especially encouraged to apply.
DAHLIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
We do not accept CVs from recruiters, placement agencies or other personnel providers who have not signed an agreement with us. Unsolicited resumes will not be eligible for referral fees.
View your application history